These easy and fancy little salad cups add a little extra fabulous to any occasion! The fresh flavor and texture of the salad pair perfectly with the crunch of the Parmesan cups. Make them for your next wedding or baby shower, birthday party, and your next dinner or gathering. Check out the gorgeous tiered serving plate from Touche’s store!
Made with Amore,
Prep Time: 15 Bake Time: 15 Total Time: 30 Yield: 8
- 1 honey crisp apple (or another variety is fine) cut Julienne style (in strips)
- 2 small containers or packages of arugula salad (you may also mix with Romain)
- 1 Cup salted and shelled pistachios
- 3 Tablespoons freshly cut basil leaves
- Gently toss all ingredients (except pistachios) with salad dressing
- Place salad mixture in prepared parmigiano cups
- Sprinkle each cup with pistachios
Crispy Parmigiano Cups
- At least 2 cups of Parmesan cheese.
- Silpat mat is helpful, muffin / cupcake tin is necessary.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place a silpat mat on a baking sheet.
- Place 6 (1/4 cup) mounds of Parmesan cheese on mat and gently tap down until each mound is flat (approximately 5 inches in diameter.)
- Bake until golden and bubbly (approximately 8-10 minutes.)
- Quickly use a thin spatula to transfer the Parmesan Cup to a muffin tin.
- Gently mold Parmesan Cup to fit the shape of the muffin tin (use a spatula or glass to help if needed.)
- Let cool until firm (approximately 5-6 minutes.)
- Continue with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
Lemon-Garlic Salad Dressing
Serves 8 (makes 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small crushed clove garlic
- crushed kosher salt and black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Store the dressing for up to a week in a glass container or mason jar.
If you make this recipe please write a comment to tell me your thoughts! I want to connect with all of you through your experience with my recipes.