The BEST Mini Pies filled with Jam!
PIE! PIE! PIE! The ultimate, flaky, buttery, tender, chewy, pie crust filled with luxurious jam! A perfect Valentine’s Day treat the whole family will enjoy. Call them mini pies or hand pies and make them today for that special love or a sweet friend! They are also fun to make with kids! Don’t wait to make these yummy MINI PIE TREATS!
Achievable Pie Crust with Step by Step Instructions!
If you’ve tried making pie crust and failed. I hear you! I’ll walk you through it in the recipe above and you will reach pie dough mastery in no time. There is nothing like homemade pie and every home should have the chance to partake of special memories surrounded by the process of hand making pies.
The Crimp for Mini Pies
I like to crimp these mini pies the way I would crimp a large pie. I like how the result produce layers at the edges (see photos below). Some of the crimping actually disappears since the butter melts when cooking so don’t worry about getting it perfect. Unlike a large pie you won’t see the detail after it is baked. You may also use a fork to press down the edges if you don’t want to crimp.
HOW TO CRIMP PIE MINI PIE CRUST AS THE PHOTO ABOVE: using a finger from your other hand push the dough from the outer edge between your inside fingertips repeat following along the rim until the entire pie crust is crimped.
Feel free to use any jam of your preference. I like to use strawberry for the red color and the Valentine’s Day mood. Other delicious JAM options for the hand pies are:
Or, any of your choice! Make them your own.
Mini Pie Shape Options
These are made with a fun heart shaped cookie cutter. They are fun for a special occasion. You can also make them with a round cookie cutter shape or use a glass cup to make a round mini pie shape.
Why these pies SHINE?
THE BEST FLAKY BUTTER CRUST
SWEET JAM FILLING
PERFECT COMBO OF SALTY IN THE CRUST TO SWEETNESS IN THE JAM
FUN PERSONAL SIZE AND SHAPE
Don’t wait to make these irresistible pies!!
Other Yummy Pie RECIPES:
Remember to leave a STAR rating and a comment! I would love to hear from you!
Cutest and yummiest hand/mini PIES. The ultimate, flaky, buttery, tender, chewy, pie crust filled with luxurious jam! A sweet treat you can’t live without!
- One recipe of the Ultimate All Butter Pie Crust
- 1 cup (maybe more) of your favorite jam variety
- 1 egg (egg wash crust)
- 1 medium heart shaped cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Remove chilled dough from freezer and roll on a floured surface. Cut out 18 hearts. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and place 9 hearts (3×3) on the sheet. Place 1 Tbs of jam in the center of each heart. Slightly spread jam to cover center, but not too close to the edges. Place the remaining 9 hearts on top of the jam filled ones. Crimp edges or press with fork to seal. Cut a small vent in the middle of the heart. Freeze pies for 30 minutes.
- Beat the egg and brush pies with the egg wash after out of freezer.
- Place in the oven and bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes and 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let cool and enjoy
Optional- serve warm with ice cream
Keywords: pie crust, mini pies, hand pies, strawberry mini pies, jam pies, sweet pies, dessert, all butter pie crust, heart pies, flaky pie crust