Best Berry and Goat Cheese Salad
Fresh and delicious berry salad! This salad is sublime. It hits all the taste buds with a little sweet, tangy, earthy, salty, and tart- absolutely satisfying! It is simple with just the right flavors and something you can feel good about eating all year around. When it comes to salads I like one solid theme and not too complicated. Even when I make a salad a main meal I don’t like to have 100 ingredients in the bowl that overwhelm the taste of the greens. To me, a salad is a way to eat greens with a few accompaniments that add a little extra flavorful. Maybe you love a million things in your salad? If so, comment and let me know how you like your salads and why. I always love to get ideas and hear how other people like different dishes.
Homemade Salad Dressing for the WIN!
I love using this homemade dressing for other salads as well. It comes together in minutes with a few fresh ingredients and a few shake, shake, shakes in a jar with a lid. It only takes minutes to make and you know exactly what you are getting. Have you ever looked at the ingredient list in most bottled dressings- yikes! The taste of homemade salad dressing is simple and adds the perfect touch to any salad.
This salad is a no brainer! Make it with any meal and please a crowd.
Made with Amore,
Fresh, easy, and delicious! This is a salad you will make all year long.
- 16 oz container mixed green salad
- 2 Tbs fresh mint
- 1 pint (170 grams) fresh raspberries
- 1 pint (170 grams) fresh blueberries
- 1 pint (170 grams) fresh blackberries
- 8 oz (226 grams) goat cheese (block or crumbled)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (optional for crunch) *personally, I like without and keep them on the side
- 1/2 cup good quality olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice + zest of one orange
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 tsp salt (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic cut in quarters
- Place all ingredients in a Mason jar and shake vigorously. The dressing can stay at room temperature for up to one week.
- Place salad in a large serving bowl
- Layer fruit and add globs of goat cheese
- Pour citrus dressing on top 15 minutes before serving
- Don’t toss or all the ingredients will fall to the bottom. Let it sit with the dressing for 15 minutes. As you serve and plate start mixing the ingredients