Lovely balance of sweet and tangy makes this Lemon Loaf the only recipe you will EVER want for a Lemon Cake. Enjoy with or without the blueberries!
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup whole-milk French (or Greek) yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional- 1 1/2 C blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat loaf pan (9x5x3 inches, 8 cup) with vegetable oil spray. Dust with flour; tap out excess.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and kosher salt in a medium bowl.
- Using your fingers, rub sugar with lemon zest in a large bowl until sugar is moist then add eggs. With a mixer, mix until very foamy and white, a few minutes.
- Add yogurt and vanilla extract whisk to blend
- Fold in dry ingredients just to blend
- Add oil in last and mix until smooth and combined.
- If adding blueberries toss and fold in now
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan; smooth top. Bake until top of cake is golden brown and a tester inserted into center comes out clean, 50–55 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert onto rack; let cool completely.
DO AHEAD: Can be made 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
Serve with extra berries and fresh whipped cream or straight cream over the top 1.