This pumpkin pie will be the highlight of your fall season baking! Truth: We’ve converted many non pumpkin pie eaters with this recipe. What makes the difference? The fresh roasted pumpkin! It’s an extra step that makes the world of a difference. The result is a light, fresh, and full of real pumpkin and true spice flavor. Spread the love this holiday season with this pie!
- 2 cups of prepared fresh roasted pumpkin purée (Pumpkin Puree: cut 2 pie pumpkins in half and gut insides. Roast face down on lined baking sheet at 350 F for 1 hour, then, let cool on pan. Take out pumpkin flesh with a spoon and put in a blender and puree until smooth *
- 2 Tablespoons good quality butter, melted
- 3 large organic eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp fresh ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten (egg wash for crust)
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In a stand mixer (may use electric hand mixer) with whisk attachment, mix the eggs and sugar until white and foamy. Add pumpkin, pinch of salt, butter, cream and spices.
- Roll out pie dough and shape into a pie dish. With a pastry brush, gently cover the edges of the crust with egg wash
- Pour the prepared pie filling in pie dish (if using decorative shapes bake them separate on a sheet pan at 350 for 10 minutes until golden brown)
- Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes then turn down to 350 F for 45 minutes.
* pumpkin puree can be made in advance and frozen for up to 2 months
Keywords: Pumpkin, pumpkin pie, best pie