No bake sweet-tart-treat perfect for hot hot summer days when you don’t want to turn on the oven. This dessert tastes like lemon gelato with a graham cracker crunch that replaces an ice cream cone. It’s light, refreshing, the perfect silky smooth texture and is perfect for breakfast, lunch, and midnight snack. If you need ONE go-to dessert this summer this is your gal or pal. Let me know if you try it. You can thank the Davis family for this delicious recipe.
Made with Amore,
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups graham crackers (smashed into crumbs)
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 cup whipping cream
4 eggs (separated save yolks and whites in separate bowls)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
Zest of one lemon
- Mix first three ingredients (butter, graham cracker crumbs, and sugar) until combined and press into the bottom of a 9X11 glass pan (save a handful of crust mixture to sprinkle over the top when finished)
- In a large mixing bowl whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks, set aside
- Separate egg yolks and egg whites (make sure none of the yolks get in the whites or they won’t whip properly)
- With a stand mixer or hand beaters- beater eat egg whites with sugar until stiff peaks form, set aside
- Beat egg yolks, lemon juice, and lemon zest until mixture looks creamy
- Use a spatula to gently fold in egg yolks to the egg whites, best folding method is up down motion and alternating scraping the sides of the bowl. Fold until uniform.
- Fold the egg yolks and egg whites into the large bowl of whipped cream. Use the same folding method to incorporate
- Place the lemony creamy mixture in the pan prepared with graham cracker crumbs and spread evenly to cover all the pan
- Sprinkle the extra crumbs on top
- Cover and freeze one hour and up to two weeks
If you make this recipe please write a comment to tell me your thoughts! I want to connect with all of you through your experience with my recipes.