Lemony Ricotta Pasta Recipe!
This lemon and ricotta pasta with capers will cheer you up any time you serve it! It is a bright and flavorful dish that comes together in 20 minutes! Who doesn’t love a 20 minute pasta dinner? The briny caper and lemon sauce married with the creamy ricotta create a sensational sauce that requires a dose of seconds! With only a few ingredients: lemon, capers, olive oil, ricotta, and your favorite spaghetti, bucatini, linguini, or tagliatelle variety you are on your way to a fabulous lunch or dinner go-to meal! It’s fresh and light, and it will instantly have you in love. Lemon ricotta pasta with capers for the win!
I love long pasta for this recipe so you can swirl and twirl as you get lots of sauce around each strand. Here are some varieties:
Spaghetti is long, thin pasta. … The Italian word spago means string, and spaghetti is the plural of spago — a description of what spaghetti looks like. Spaghetti are a hard wheat dried pasta.
Bucatini, also known as perciatelli, is a thick spaghetti-like pasta with a hole running through the centre. The name comes from Italian: buco, meaning “hole”, while bucato means “pierced”.
Linguini are similar to spaghetti only they are flat instead of round. The Italian word linguine means literally “little tongues“.
Tagliatelle from the Italian word tagliare, meaning “to cut”) are a traditional type of pasta from the Emilia-Romagna and Marche regions of Italy. Tagliatelle is a fresh egg pasta and more yellow in color than traditional dried pasta.
Fettuccine literally means ‘little ribbons‘ in Italian. It is a type of pasta popular in Roman and Tuscan cuisine. They are long, flat ribbons wider than linguine but thinner than tagliatelle.
Lemon, Ricotta, and Capers
Why do these 3 ingreients: LEMON, RICOTTA, AND CAPERS work so well together? Capers have a flavor described as lemony, olivey, and salty by adding a little fresh lemon flavor this highlights and balances the taste of the capers even more. Since these two flavors can seem a little too much of the same the added ricotta balances out the flavors with a smooth and creamy touch. It is the simple combination of tart, lemony, olivey, and creamy that make this simple dish sing a happy dance in your mouth!
Italian cooking is about simple, fresh, and flavorful ingredients that come marry together effortlessly.
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as my family does! From my cucina to your table- Enjoy with LOVE.
Pasta! Pasta! Mangia! Mangia!
Made with Amore,
Share this recipe with a friend who might enjoy it! Easy send and share.
This lemon and ricotta pasta with capers will cheer you up any time you serve it! It is a bright and flavorful dish that comes together in 20 minutes! The briny caper and lemon sauce married with the creamy ricotta create a sensational sauce that requires a dose of seconds!
- 1 (lb) (454 gr) tagliatelle (or your pasta of choice)
- 1 lb (454 gr) whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 lemons
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 Tablespoons capers
- 1/2 Cup reserved pasta water
- Pepper to taste
- Slice one of the lemons to create 4-5 thick slices (save other lemon). In a large skillet add the olive oil and brown the lemons on each side, medium heat, about 4 minutes per side. Add the capers and stir to combine and cook an additional 1 minute. Take off heat and place onto a plate. Set aside. Leave drippings in the skillet for later use.
- Bring 6 quarts of water to boil and add 3 Tbs Kosher salt. Cook pasta according to ‘al dente’ directions.
- In a medium bowl combine the zest of the other lemon with the ricotta cheese. Mix well until combined. Before straining the pasta add 1/2 cup of the pasta water to the ricotta. Mix well. Once the pasta is done cooking strain and add to the ricotta mixture and mix well to coat the pasta. Put the ricotta and lemon pasta back in the skillet and toss with the lemon drippings. Add the lemons and capers to the pasta and serve HOT. Season with fresh ground pepper, if desired.
Keywords: pasta recipe, lemon pasta, lemon and ricotta pasta, 20 minute meal, lemon and caper pasta