Lovely and flavorful Orzo pasta recipe with Shrimp, artichoke and sun-dried tomatoes. Perfect for both a weeknight meal and a fancy occasion! Have this dinner ready in 35 minutes.
- 12 oz can marinated artichokes hearts
- 1/4 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 Tbs tomato paste (Cento Brand)
- 2 Tablespoon dried or fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves, cut in chunks
- 1 pound raw fresh shrimp (or frozen and thawed, pat dry to remove moisture)
- 4 Tbs olive oil (2 Tbs for cooking shrimp 2 Tbs for sauce)
- 1 box 454 g. Orzo pasta (Barilla brand)
- Coarse sea salt for pasta water
- salt for seasoning
- In a large serving bowl add the marinated artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, and 2 Tbs olive oil, mix until combined
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the orzo and cook according to “al dente” directions (about 9 minutes). When the orzo is cook reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water and add in to the bowl of artichokes and other ingredients.
- Drain the Orzo and add it to the serving bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Gently toss to combine. Cover with a lid and let marinate until the shrimp are cooked.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the 2 Tbs olive oil and garlic. Add the shrimp one at a time (without overcrowding the pan or they will boil). You may cook them in two batches
- Cook the shrimp on high heat for about 3 minutes on each side. This gets a nice sear on the shrimp. Depending on shrimp size you may need a little more or a little less time. Make sure they are cooked all the way through and have a pink color.
- Add the shrimp and garlic to the top of the prepared pasta.
- Sprinkle with extra basil and serve!
Serve warm or cold! Excellent as leftovers
Keywords: orzo, pasta, shrimp, shrimp pasta, artichoke, sundried tomatoes, pasta, pasta salad, italian recipes