My mother calls this dish “the meal that saves lives!” Why? It’s easy, filling, tastes super bombastic, and it can feed a crowd. Whenever I would bring friends to dinner last minute this was a go to meal. It even tastes fancy enough for dinner guest. All and all it’s a must make! If you are vegetarian sauté mushroom or asparagus with butter or olive oil and use the same method.
Made with Amore,
Prep Time: 10-15 min Cook Time: 10 min Total Time: 25 min Yeild: 6-8
- 8 eggs (MUST BE room temperature)
- 3 1/2 cups grated Parmigiano
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 package of pancetta or bacon, sliced into pieces about 1/4 inch thick by 1/3 inch square
- 1 1/2 box of pasta Barilla of choice (about 700 grams)
- Place a large pot of salted water (no more than 2 tablespoon salt per 500 gr pasta) over high heat, and bring to a boil.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, and Parmigiano
- Meanwhile, fry bacon in a pan, on the edge of crispness but not hard. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add pasta to the water and boil until a bit firmer than al dente. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of pasta water, then drain pasta and add pasta to the skillet over low heat. Stir for a minute or so.
- Stir in cheese and egg mixture, adding some reserved pasta water if needed for creaminess. Serve immediately, dressing it with a bit of additional grated cheese and pepper.
If you make this recipe please write a comment to tell me your thoughts! I want to connect with all of you through your experience with my recipes.