This meal is under 30 minutes and will have you craving all the herby hearty goodness of mushrooms. The mushrooms simmer slightly with onions then get a bath of butter and delicious sage leaves to highlight their delicious flavor.
- Recipe for Easy Polenta
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs butter (recommended Kerrygold brand)
- 1/4 Cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 Cup (26 grams) onion, diced
- 8 oz (227 grams) of fresh mushrooms (crimini or other)
- 1 Tbs fresh or dried sage leaves, torn by hand in small pieces if using fresh
- Freshly grated parmigiano cheese for serving
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in medium frying pan on medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft and slightly brown, about 5-6 minutes. Add the butter and the mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are soft, about 5-6 minutes. Add the sage and the broth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Make the polenta according to recipe directions.
- Serve the mushrooms over the polenta. Top with freshly grated parmigiano. Enjoy Hot!
Keywords: polenta, mushrooms, easy dinner, mushroom sauce, sage, quick meal, onions, Italian recipe