The photo at the bottom of this post is of me eating one of my favorite simple summer pasta dishes- pasta con salsa fresca. We have it for lunch weekly at the beach house in Italy. The sauce takes minutes to prepare and we let it sit and marinade while we are at the beach then toss it with hot pasta when we come home. I am laughing while I eat. I love it. I love the pasta and I love this moment. This describes the many moments at our family table in Italy- years and years on repeat. We eat. We discuss. We share. We yell (it’s the Italian way of “talking” when passionate- it took my husband years to understand this). We eat. We laugh. We love. That’s it. Mangia. Mangia. Life is short and we only have so much we can eat every day. Make it worth your time ️.
Made with Amore,
2 pints (560 grams) cherry tomatoes, diced
2 cloves garlic, slivered
1/4 cup fresh basil, torn by hand
1/2 cup good quality olive oil
1 package (454 grams) good quality pasta
Salt for cooking pasta
- Mix all ingredients in a large serving bowl
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit on counter at lest 30 minutes before tossing with pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to boil
- Salt pasta water generously (about 10 grams of salt per liter of water)
- Cook pasta according to package until ‘al dente’
- Drain pasta and toss with fresh tomato sauce
Enjoy warm or cold!
If you make this recipe please write a comment to tell me your thoughts! I want to connect with all of you through your experience with my recipes.