Authentic Tiramisu Recipe. A recipe that takes you to Italy with every bite. This classic Italian dessert means; “pick-me-up” since it contains coffee. Serve it for your friends and family and make with AMORE!
- 5 eggs (separate yolks and whites in two bowls)
- 4 Tbs of white sugar
- 1 LB (500 g) of mascarpone
- 2 Cups of room temperature coffee (or hot chocolate)
- 30 SAVOIARDI LADYFINGERS
- unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
- Make the coffee (or hot chocolate) and set aside in a large flat dish
- Separate egg whites from yolks and remember that in order to whip the egg whites there should not be any trace of yolk.
- ￼Take a bowl and whip the egg whites until stiff- when the the egg whites will not move if you turn the bowl over you are done. When ready, set aside.
- ￼ In another bowl whisk the egg yolks with 4 tablespoons of sugar using an electric mixer until pale and smooth- 3 to 5 minutes.
- ￼ When ready add mascarpone cheese to the yolk mixture in 2 or 3 additions, stirring well to combine.
- ￼Then whisk the cream SLOWLY with the electric mixer. Then, add stiffen egg whites a little at a time. Folding the egg whites gently until well combined. DO NOT over mix egg whites when combining with yolks or the will not be as fluffy.
- ￼Meanwhile dip quickly Savoiardi Ladyfingers into the coffee or hot chocolate for 1 sec . IMPORTANT! Cookies should not engage too much coffee or hot chocolate, otherwise your Tiramisu will turn out too soggy. Then place them in a ceramic or glass baking pan.
- ￼Spread half of the mascarpone cream on top of the ladyfingers and dust with cocoa powder. Then top with another layer of biscuits.
- ￼ Finally spread the remaining mascarpone cream on top of the last layer of the ladyfingers and dust with cocoa powder. Let rest 2 to 3 hours minimum in the refrigerator before serving. It’s important to let the cream set at least 6 hours. You can also make this 12-24 hours in advance. I prefer it at least 12 hours after it’s made 🙂