Get ready for a perfectly flaky buttery crust filled with a juicy sweet blueberry interior. These delectable mini pies will keep you reaching for more and more and…
Blueberry Mini Pies
The cutest and yummiest blueberry mini pies. I have a lot of favorite pies and these are high on the list. The blueberries slightly pop in your mouth while remaining tender and juicy. The flavor combo of the flaky salty crust, sweet tangy blueberry, and fresh lemon zest make this a YEAR AROUND pie favorite. I’ve never meet anyone who didn’t love this pie (children included). It is a crowd pleaser and show stopper with the bright and bold purple color of the cooked blueberries.
A delicious pie with little effort…
Blueberry pie is considered one of the easiest pies to make because it does not require pitting or peeling of fruit. You simply stir in a few ingredients with the blueberries, dump it in a prepared pie crust and VIOLA! you have yourself a sweet and delectable dessert. You can use fresh or frozen blueberries so you don’t even have to worry about the fruit being in season. Best and easiest pie to through together for a delicious dessert.
Made with Amore,
Cutest and tastiest blueberry MINI PIES!! The filling comes together in just 10 minutes!
1 Recipe: Ultimate All-Butter Pie Crust
- 2 cup fresh blueberries (I also like using frozen blueberries especially Wyman’s Wild blueberries)
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice (you can omit this, but I love the slight nutty flavor it adds)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon butter – pea size pieces
*To make the mini pies you will need a large muffin tin pan or mini disposable pie tins.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl add sugar, allspice, and flour, stir with a fork or whisk. Add in the blueberries, vanilla, and lemon juice and zest, stir to coat. Set aside.
- Unwrap pie dough from the fridge, roll out on floured surface to make a large rectangle (about 12×15 in)
- Cut 6 equal rectangles with the rolled out dough. Place each rectangle of dough in disposable pie tin or large muffin tin. Gently press down so the dough fills the bottom of the pie or muffin tins.
- Place two large scoops of prepared blueberry filling in center pie dough. Dot tops with butter then close the tops with the dough hanging over edges. Simply, gather the dough in the center and pinch on each side (see photos in post)
- Freeze pies for 30 minutes before baking
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425 F then turn down the heat to 350 F and bake an additional 30 minutes until tops are brown and blueberry filling is bubbly.