Easy, healthy, and yummy potato salad recipe for your next summer BBQ or party!
Let’s sneak some greens into our potato salad by adding asparagus. You will love the color and pop of freshness with the lemon. Since the potatoes and asparagus cook in the same pot it’s a ‘one pot and done’ to make clean up easy peasy lemon squeezy. I hope you love this easy and flavorful potato salad recipe.
Tired of your traditional mayo, egg, and pickle potato salad recipe? Try something new this season.
What Makes this Potato Salad Recipe Unique
- Using whole milk yogurt instead of mayo to lighten it up a bit (if you really insist on mayo you may substitute)
- A squeeze of fresh lemon to add flavor and freshness
- Adding asparagus to add another texture and add some greens
- A touch of fresh basil, rosemary, ad thyme is a must for an herby accent
- Using petite red ed potatoes for color and firm texture (you can also use petite gold variety)
Potato Salad Recipe with a Twist
If you want to freshen up your potato salad repertoire this spring and summer season this is a MUST TRY recipe! The recipe comes together in no time at all and you can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge. Share with friends and family and enjoy all season long.
From my Cucina (kitchen) to Your Table, Mangia! Mangia! (Eat!)
Made with Amore,
More Delicious Recipes for YOUPrint
Easy, healthy, and yummy potato salad recipe for your next summer BBQ or party! Let’s sneak some greens into our potato salad by adding asparagus. You will love the color and pop of freshness with the lemon. Since the potatoes and asparagus cook in the same pot (add asparagus at the end of potato cooking time) it’s a one pot and done to make clean up easy peasy lemon squeezy. I hope you love it.
- 1.5 lbs (680 g) petite red potatoes, cut in quarters
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus (about 20–30 spears), trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt (such as Chobani. or sub with mayo)
- 6 basil leaves torn by hand
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook potatoes and asparagus for 12 to 15 minutes until tender.
- In the meantime, add the rest of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine until smooth.
- Drain potatoes and asparagus. Let cool 5-7 minutes. Add to the prepared mixture and stir to evenly coat the potatoes. Serve room temperature or cold.
Store in the fridge 12-24 hours in advance in an airtight container.
Keywords: potato, boiled potato, herbs, potato recipe, easy recipe, asparagus, potato salad, BBQ side dish recipe, side dish, vegetarian, lemon, yogurt, basil